While our entire LBI FLY International Kite Festival is certainly kid-friendly, here is a list of “Just for the Kids” activities that will be going on throughout the weekend:
IN SHIP BOTTOM:
- Kids Candy Drops (think kite pinata): Happening BOTH Saturday, the 8th, and Sunday, the 9th at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. in the area of 9-11 Streets in Ship Bottom.
- Bol Races for Kites: Kids can strap on parachute-type kites and race each other down the beach! This is taking pace both Saturday the 8th and Sunday the 9th at Noon n the area of 9-11 Streets in Ship Bottom.
AT BAYVIEW PARK:
- Kitemaking for Kids: Also taking place Both Saturday the 8th and Sunday the 9th, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m at Bayview Park in Long Beach Township (68th & the Boulevard). There will be a nominal fee for this activity and kids take the kites home with them!
- Enjoy Miniature Butterfly Kites: Also taking place Both Saturday the 8th and Sunday the 9th, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m at Bayview Park in Long Beach Township (68th & the Boulevard).
IN BEACH HAVEN:
- Kids Buggy Kite Rides: This awesome activity will be taking place on the ocean beach at Taylor Avenue in Beach Haven from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. both Saturday the 8th and Sunday the 9th, and Monday the 10th. Kids can strap on a helmet and take an awesome kite buggy rideon the beach with one of our professional kiters!
- Kids Kite Wind Garden Installation: Bring the kids to the Panzone Park (behind Bay Village in Beach Haven) to create a wind garden using shells and recycled bottles with an international artist! This is happening Saturday, Sunday and Monday!
*All kids activities will be overseen by our professional kiters and our volunteers. Some may require a signed waiver that will be available on site.