Frequently Asked Questions:
- When and where is the Kite Festival taking place? The LBI FLY Kite Festival happens every year on Columbus Day Weekend. The Main Kite Fields are located in Ship Bottom (18-28th streets) and there is an additional field in Long Beach Township (68th Street).
- What will happen if it rains? Barring steady downpours – we will be able to fly in some capacity. Perhaps some of the larger kites will be grounded if it rains, but there will be kites flying if there is mist and/or light rain. We will be putting out updated communications on our website, as well as our Facebook page, announcing any changes due to the weather.
- Where can we park? Parking is available on Ship Bottom streets. Please make sure you are not blocking anyone’s private driveway.
- Does it cost anything to attend the Kite Festival? Nope, this is a free event! At Friday’s and Sunday’s Night Events, we ask for a donation (helps to fund the festival).
- Will there be any way I can get on-site information during the actual Kite Festival? Absolutely! We will have a Public Information Tent (21st Street in Ship Bottom) staffed with knowledgeable volunteers throughout the course of the entire weekend. A map and schedule of events will also be available at the tent.
- Will there be event merchandise for sale? Yes! Chick’s LBI Shop, our official Festival Merchandiser, will be on hand during the Kite Festival with short sleeve and long sleeve t-shirts and hoodies commemorating our LBI FLY event. There will also be kites available for sale.
- What about public bathroom facilities? We will have portable restrooms at the top of a few beach entrances, on the street (18th, 20th, and 21st in Ship Bottom). There are also public restroom facilities at the Ship Bottom Borough Hall on 17th Street. In Long Beach Township, there will be bathrooms available on 68th Street.
For any additional questions, please e-mail email@example.com