Below we answer some of the Frequently Asked Questions we have received in the run-up to our 2nd Annual LBI FLY International Kite Festival:
- When and where is the Kite Festival taking place? The LBI FLY Kite Festival opens Friday, October 5th, and runs the course of the entire weekend, through Monday, October 8. The Main Kite Field will be located on Ship Bottom streets 6th- 16th. For a detailed schedule of Festival events, click here.
- What will happen if its rains? No matter what, we will be holding the Friday night Indoor Fly at the LBI Grade School in Ship Bottom. Apart from that, and barring steady downpours – we WILL be able to fly in some capacity. Perhaps some of the larger kites will be grounded, but there will be flying if there is mist and/or light rain. We will be putting out updated communications here on our website, as well as our Facebook page, announcing any changes due to the weather.
- Where can we park? Parking will be available on some streets – the beach block will be closed to non-resident parking for safety reasons. The shuttles will be used heavily during Kite Fest Weekend and parking will be available at the Ron Jon Surf Shop’s rear lot, the Ship Bottom Boat Ramp, the LBI Grade School in Ship Bottom and the Ethel A. Jacobsen Elementary School in Surf City. The shuttle will stop at each of these parking lots and drop off at the main kite area.
- Will the LBI Shuttles be running during the Kite Festival? Yes – the LBI Shuttles will be running during the kite festival. Just stand on LBI Boulevard and flag one down to ride. For real-time shuttle location, you can download the app, or visit www.lbishuttle.com
- Does it cost anything to attend the Kite Festival? There will be a small nominal fee at the Friday Night Indoor Fly, the Sunday Night Fly ($2 per person over the age of 12), and the Kids Kite Making ($6), but all other events on the beach are FREE!
- Is the Kite Festival kid-friendly? Yes! While our entire event is absolutely kid-friendly, you can click here for a schedule of “Just for Kids” activities happening through the weekend.
- Will there be any way I can get on-site information during the actual Kite Festival? Absolutely! We will have a Public Information Tent staffed with a bevy of our knowledgeable volunteers on the tent between 8th and 9th street beaches in Ship Bottom throughout the course of the entire weekend. A map and schedule of events will also be available at the tent. You can also click here to view and print the event map and schedule.
- Will there be event merchandise for sale? Yes! Chick’s LBI Shop, our official Festival Merchandiser, will be on hand at all of our locations throughout the Kite Festival with short sleeve and long sleeve t-shirts and hoodies commemorating our LBI FLY.
- What restaurants will be open during the Kite Festival? Check our dining guide here.
- What about public bathrooms facilities? We will have portable restrooms at 5th, 8th, 9th, 11th, and 15th streets. There are also public restroom facilities at the Town Hall and Bay Beach Area (near boat ramp parking). Most of the businesses in our dining guide and sponsor list have available bathrooms with purchase.
For any additional questions you may have that weren’t listed here, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org