Below we answer some of the Frequently Asked Questions we have received in the run-up to our 2nd Annual LBI FLY International Kite Festival:
- When and where is the Kite Festival taking place? The LBI FLY Kite Festival opens Friday night, October 7th, and runs the course of the entire weekend, through Monday, October 10. For a detailed schedule of Festival events, click here.
- What will happen if its rains? No matter what, we will be holding the Friday night Indoor Fly at the LBI Grade School in Ship Bottom. Apart from that, and baring steady downpours – we WILL be able to fly in some capacity. Perhaps some of the larger kites will be grounded, but there will be flying if there is mist and light rain. We will be putting out vigorous communications here on our website, as well as our Facebook page, announcing any changes due to the weather.
- Where can we park? Parking, as always, will be available on our streets. However, as they fill up, parking will also be available at the Ron Jon Surf Shop’s rear lot, the Ship Bottom Boat Ramp, the LBI Grade School in Ship Bottom and the Ethel A. Jacobsen Elementary School in Surf City.
- Will the Free LBI Shuttles be running during the Kite Festival? Yes – the LBI Shuttles will be running during the kite festival. Just stand on LBI Boulevard and flag one down to ride. For real-time shuttle location, you can download the app, or visit www.lbishuttle.com
- Does it cost anything to attend the Kite Festival? All public events of the kite festival are FREE, except for a very nominal fee for the Kids Kitemaking Activity at Bayview Park.
- Is the Kite Festival kid-friendly? Yes! While our entire event is absolutely kid-friendly, you can click here for a schedule of “Just for Kids” activities happening through the weekend.
- Will there be any way I can get on-site information during the actual Kite Festival? Absolutely! We will have a Public Information Tent staffed with a bevy of our knowledgeable volunteers on the beach between 8th and 9th Streets in Ship Bottom throughout the course of the entire weekend. A map and schedule of events will also be available at the tent. You can also click here to view and print the event map and schedule.
- Will there be event merchandise for sale? Yes! Chick’s LBI Shop, our official Festival Merchandiser, will be on hand at all of our locations throughout the Kite Festival with short sleeve and long sleeve t-shorts and hoodies commemorating our LBI FLY.
- What restaurants will be open during the Kite Festival? We strongly encourage to visit these establishments listed below, as they are noted as our special Grab-N-Go sponsors, and will have both veggie and non-veggie options available for $10 or less to take with you and enjoy our festival!
- Greenhouse Cafe – 605 Long Beach Boulevard, Ship Bottom
- How You Brewin – 8 N. Long Beach Boulevard, Surf City
- Sandbox Cafe – 2604 Long Beach Boulevard, Ship Bottom
- ScoJo’s – 307 Long Beach Boulevard, Surf City
- Shore Good Donuts – 1211 Long Beach Boulevard, Ship Bottom
- Speakeasy Pizza – 1318 Long Beach Boulevard, Ship Bottom
- The Local – 604 Central Avenue, Ship Bottom
- Wally’s – 712 Long Beach Boulevard, Surf City
- Woodies Drive-In – 509 Long Beach Boulevard, Ship Bottom
- Additionally, other supporters such as the Port Hole Cafe, Zen Sushi, and The Gateway – all located in Ship Bottom – as well as the Chicken or the Egg – located in Beach Haven, will be open for your enjoyment during Kite Festival weekend.
- What about public bathrooms facilities? Public bathroom facilities are available at the establishments listed above, with purchase. Thank you. The WaWa store, also located in Ship Bottom, has a public bathroom available for use.
For any additional questions you may have that weren’t listed here, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org